Sunday, December 28, 2008

One BIG week

This time last week I was in St. Louis getting ready for the long drive back to Dallas. Tricia and I flew up there to drive back with mom and dad. They are planning to be here for the winter...and then decide if they want to stay for good. We had a long day on Monday - 11 hours in the car but we all made it just fine. Mom got settled into her room, Rocky is doing well at Sug's, and Dad is staying with Tricia and Duane. It has been so much fun to be able to see them everyday!!


It is safe to say that Keira loves opening presents and being the center of attention...not that I was worried. Christmas morning she opened her presents with Grandmama, Grandpa Herman, Aunt Nique, Grandpa Sims, Sug, Aunt Tricia, and Mama and Daddy. She had a lot of fun tearing the paper and finding out what was waiting for her inside the box. We have A LOT of new sounds and songs in our house. Everything she got requires lots of batteries and can teach her about shapes, colors, numbers, etc. It looks like Fisher-Price moved their headquarters to our living room...and that was BEFORE her birthday!



Here she is looking through her new front door. She really likes to flip the switch to turn the porch light off and on. Of course there is a song that goes along with it that makes her dance. She has a few new moves that I'll try to get on camera.


What a lucky girl, she got a car before she was a year old! What lucky parents, we get to push her around in it!



Christmas evening we went out to see Nana in her new room. I really like this picture of mom and Tricia.



Keira LOVED playing with all of Sug's sparkles on her sweater and around her neck, and hanging from her ears...



and on her shoes...4 generations...


It sure is hard for this busy girl to stay in one place. She had Daddy chasing her all over the room and down the hall. It sure is fun when he catches her!



Dad and Chipiri









She is such a big girl she can ride in the car facing forward!




I have even more pictures and movies from her birthday party that I will post tomorrow. She had so much fun! Cake was yummy, presents were fun, and being of the center of attention wasn't too bad either!

No comments: